St. Patrick's Faith Formation Goal
Invites all parishioners to participate in our "Womb to Tomb" programming for all ages and levels of participation. Our parish strives to help all the faithful, from birth to death, grow and strengthen their faith by offering a variety of opportunities to learn and experience our Catholic faith. These opportunities highlight both our church and everyday life.
In addition, the Faith Formation Office seeks to partner with parents and guardians, who are the first teachers of the Catholic faith to their children, in order to foster a love of God and strive to present the essential truths of our Catholic faith to the children and youth of St. Patrick's Parish.
- "The experience of God in the family, whether named or not, enters each person at a fundamentally deep and lasting level. This cannot be denied. God is present as long as genuine love is present and acted on. We don't need to import God into the family. God is already there. The family is the first and foremost setting where each of us is formed and encounters the love of the living God! Love begets love. Plain and simple. And love is happening in families. In various degrees and ways." (Catechism of the Catholic Church, Familystyle, Dr. David Thomas & Mary Joyce Calnan, page 126)
- The home is the most influential force in the life of a child and is responsible for the faith life of that same child. Faith Formation supplements the family's faith development process and our catechists are faith-filled people dedicated to sharing their faith and spreading the message of Jesus with the youth of our parish.
- Our focus is to provide an atmosphere for the growth of each whole child as a person in the spiritual, moral, physical and intellectual aspect of his/her life in order to give each child the opportunity to respond with thoughtful action, initiative and creativity and to help each student experience Jesus' love so that he or she can make a spontaneous response to Christianity in their daily life.
Children and Youth Faith Formation Classes
Children and youth from First Grade through Eleventh Grade (Confirmation) are invited to participate in our Faith Formation Classes. Faith Formation classes for First through Tenth Grade run from the middle of September through the middle of April. Classes are on Wednesday nights from 6:15pm-7:30pm. We also have some nights that are family nights or service nights, so please look at our calendar for the current year to see when those dates will be.
Each grade level will also have one Sunday each Faith Formation year where they will participate in Mass. Sign up sheets will go out to the parents of the students 2 weeks in advance of that Mass so that the students can sign up for how they would like to participate in Mass. These dates for each grade are also listed on our calendar for the current year.
First Reconciliation and First Communion Classes have some classes where their parents and prayer parents will attend as a part of their sacramental prep. These are clearly noted on the current year's Faith Formation calendar.
Confirmation Classes (Eleventh Grade) take place on three Sundays a month from 11:45am-1:30pm and these classes run from October through April. In addition to classes, the Confirmation candidates will attend an overnight retreat, complete service hours, write a letter to the Bishop, meet with their sponsors, and have a Confirmation interview with Natalie Carney (Coordinator of Faith Formation and Youth Ministry) and Mary Krueger (Pastoral Leader).
Please read the St. Patrick's Enrollment Guidelines for First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and Confirmation preparation below:
Enrollment Guidelines for First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, & Confirmation
- Students entering our program after first grade must be enrolled in Faith Formation the year prior to receiving the sacrament. This year of Faith Formation is needed to ensure the child's understanding and appreciation of the faith and the Sacraments.
- An up-to-date Baptismal Certificate is REQUIRED before the reception of the sacraments.
- The Sacraments of First Reconciliation & First Eucharist are usually celebrated in the Second Grade.
- The Sacrament of Confirmation is usually celebrated in the Eleventh Grade or at the age of 16 (at beginning of Preparation Time)
- Individual cases will be reviewed at the discretion of the coordinator.
Faith Formation Registration Form and Instructions
- 2020-21 Plan for Faith Formation Classes
- Covid-19 Policies for 2020-21 Faith Formation Classes
- 2020-21 Letter to Parents
- 2020-21 Registration Form
- 2020-21 Registration Instructions
- 2020-21 Faith Formation Calendar
- 2019-20 Faith Formation Handbook
- 2020-21 Confirmation Calendar
- COVID-19 Policies for 2020-21 Confirmation Classes
- 2019-20 Confirmation Parent Handbook
- Confirmation Service Form
St. Mary Catholic Schools
St. Patrick's Parish supports the St. Mary Catholic Schools. Parishioners selecting Catholic Day School Education for their children are invited to explore and choose the grade school that best meets each child's need. Children from St. Patrick's Parish attend all of these schools:
- St. Mary Catholic Grade School at St. Gabriel Parish Campus - 725-4161
- St. Mary Catholic Grade School at St. Margaret Mary Parish Campus - 729-4565
- St. Mary Catholic Grade School at St. Mary Parish Campus - 725-5351
- St. Mary Catholic Middle School - 727-0279
- St. Mary Catholic High School - 722-7796